The Comcast is one of the most popular Digital TV, Cellular and Internet services provider in the United States of America. The company provides all these services under the brand name Xfinity. Being one of the pioneers in the Digital TV and Cable TV service industry, the Comcast now have millions of customers.
Just like any other internet and digital TV service provider, the Xfinity offers the free email address to their customers. Many people use the Comcast email for the Xfinity customers as their primary email address for communications.
If you are a customer and you have a Comcast email address, then you should start using that email address in your smartphone or the computer. In this post, we are providing Comcast email settings for configuring the same on multiple devices like the Computer and smartphones .all you have to do is to follow the exact steps and add the email account in your Android or iPhone smartphone or the Outlook email client in Computers.
Comcast Email Settings for Outlook
The Outlook is one of the most popular email client software used by Windows computer users. If you prefer using the Outlook for email management, then follow these steps and configure the Comcast email on your computer.
- Open the Outlook Mail client on your computer and then navigate to “File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings >> New” .
- Now in the wizard, select the “Email Account” option and then click “Next”.
- In the next step, select the “Manual setup or additional server types “ option and click “Next”.
- Now, type your Name and Email address in the appropriate field and select “IMAP”. In the Incoming Server and Outgoing server, enter the following details.Incoming Server (IMAP) – imap.comcast.net
Outgoing Server (SMTP) – smtp.comcast.net
- Now, reenter your Email address and password. Then click on “More Settings”.
- In the More Settings, switch to “Outgoing Server” tab and then enable the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” option.
- Again, switch to the “Advanced” tab and then enter “993” port in the Incoming Server (IMAP) field and “587” port in “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” field.
- Click on “OK” after entering all the details and Outlook will start the connection test. Once completed, you’ll see a success message.
- Now you are ready to use the Comcast email on your computer.
Comcast Email Settings for iPhone
The iPhone is a popular device amongst the vast majority of the high-end smartphone users. The iPhone comes with the inbuilt email client that is more powerful than any other third-party email client for the device. Here are the steps to configure Comcast email with iPhone.
Steps for Email Settings for iPhone
- First of all, openn the default mail client in your iPhone and tap “Add Account” option.
- Tap on “Other” to start configuring the email.
- Now, enter the details like Name, Email Address, Password and the description.
- Tap “Next” button and the app will verify your credentials by connecting to the Comcast servers.
- If you are using the default iPhone Mail app, then there is no need to add the Incoming and Outgoing server details as the app automatically detects them for you.
- Once verified, tap on “Save” and your Comcast email account is ready to use on the iPhone.
Comcast Email Settings for Android
Android is the choice of almost every smartphone user in the world as there are millions of people using these devices. If you are a proud Android smartphone user, then here are the exact steps to configure your Comcast Email for Android.
Follow below Steps to Set up Comcast Email for Android
- First of all, open the “Settings” app and then open the “Accounts” option.
- In the Accounts, scroll-down and tap “Add Account” and select the “Personal (IMAP)” option.
- Enter the Email address in the field and tap on “Manual Setup” option in the bottom left corner.
- Select “Personal (IMAP)” again and enter your account password.
- In the Incoming Server Settings, Type the “comcast.net”. Most of the times, the Android will automatically fill that detail for you.
- Now, in the Outgoing Server Settings, type the “comcast.net” and tap “Next”.
- The device will not verify your account credentials and then you are ready to use the account on your device.
- All you have to do is to open your preferred email client in Android and select the Comcast email to start using it.
There is nothing complicated in configuring the email address to the different email clients on your computer or the smartphones. Almost every email client needs a few basic things like the Email Address, Password, Incoming and Outgoing Mail server details. You’ll be asked nothing more than these details, and you can add any email address in the email clients.
I hope you’ve learned the Comcast Email settings for different platforms and will follow the steps to continue adding them.
No tags for this post.